Improving brand advocacy among employees is certainly a topic of conversation in many organisations today.…
Inspirer of people? Head full of creative solutions?
This is a pivotal role within the studio: newly created to support the Creative Directors, the Design Director will lead the development of concepts across deliverables and inspire others to think laterally to evolve the big idea as we progress through the design process. Driving creativity and sharing responsibility for inspiring the team with critical knowledge of current trends and techniques.
You’ll be an enthusiastic creative, bursting with creative experience and passionate about design – colour, typography, hierarchy and pace/flow. You’ll need to have the ability to give constructive feedback on, and guide creative concepts, ideas and copy. The proverbial sponge, you’ll be itching to share inspirational ideas you’ve seen with the team.
Responsible for the creative growth, development and completion of all design work on client assignments, you’ll ensure relevant skills are deployed effectively across assignments, lead team briefings and regular progress reviews. You’ll also help with budgeting and assessing the most appropriate partners/suppliers.
In addition to inspiring others, this is also a hands-on doing role. You’ll have your own projects to get stuck into and develop and provide creative and innovative solutions.
We’re Synergy, the go-to employee engagement specialists. We believe in the power of people. We work with brands to turn these ambitions into actions – inspiring people to delight colleagues and customers, transform cultures and make a difference. We do all this by creating effective, fun and insight-driven ideas and experiences that really connect with employees. It’s powerful stuff. Because when you tap into the power of your people, everything is possible.
We work with clients like ODEON, Vodafone, RBS, Argos and Lidl, producing everything from VR experiences to global rebrands and everything in between.
We’re a good bunch. We look for real team players, with dedication and passion for the role and the ability to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.
We’re a Design Week Top 100 agency, were named in The Drum’s independent Agency Census, and this year has been our biggest yet with some great new account wins, lots of new team members, and an awards cabinet bursting at the hinges. Come and be part of something special.
• Creative flair
• Knowledge of emerging trends, technology, and methods in design
• Excellent presentation skills
• Proven leadership ability and able to deputise for Creative Director/Executive Creative Director
• Strong people management skills and confidence to lead other creatives
• Expert in the use of relevant design software
• Ability to understand a wide range of production processes and able to deliver solutions across a variety of media
• Self motivated with a desire to contribute to the company as a whole
• Commercially minded
• Relevant design/creative qualification
• Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
• Bespoke personal development and training plan
• Peer lunch and learn sessions
• Thirsty Thursday sharing events, followed by the pub
• Mix it up in our bake/cook-off competition
• Nespresso coffee, range of teas, soft drinks, fruit, biscuits/snacks every day and wine/beer on Fridays
• 25 days holiday – plus your birthday off
• Day volunteering for a charity of your choice per year
• Enrolment into our defined contribution pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
Send your CV and work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org – head the email ‘Design Director’.