McCann Synergy is one of the UK’s leading specialist employee engagement agencies. We believe in the power of people and ambitious brands trust us to help drive their people performance; to delight customers, transform cultures and create change. We’re a growing and ambitious team of talented creatives and strategists, backed by the might of a global advertising network, with a client list full of brands your mum’s heard of, and we’re looking to get even bigger. That’s where you come in.
Location wise, you can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as you’re available to come to the Bristol office on occasion (*when we’re back in the office and not working remotely, that is).
Who you are
A passionate advocate of the impact engaged workforces have on businesses, you are a natural at developing employee engagement strategies and creative campaigns, solving engagement challenges quickly and are confident talking about employee engagement best practice. You’ll display passion, curiosity, enthusiasm and a point of view for the latest employee engagement and employee experience trends.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining a fantastic team that’s experienced brilliant growth and has a really bright future. You’ll get involved in many of our most exciting projects – from creative briefs to creative concepts and communication plans, employer value propositions, audience segmentation, employee experience mapping, culture audits, transformation programmes, employer brand research and creation, best practice and thought-leadership decks.
You’ll deliver strategic employee experience advice to your clients and will be the ‘go to’ person for helping them with their engagement issues and employer brand differentiation. You’ll get on naturally with our c-suite clients and feel comfortable and confident operating at a senior level. You’ll be a practiced professional, used to speaking in public, adept at writing and creating thought-leadership content.
You will lead the Employee Experience for your clients through the development of strategic insights and behavioural truths. You will be involved in developing and delivering the communication, engagement and employer brand strategies that motivate employees and demonstrably increase employee engagement. You’ll act as a conduit with Creative, Internal Comms and HR to deliver employee-centric client projects and outcomes.
You’ll have a background in strategy or internal/talent comms, with experience of creating and delivering insightful and inspiring creative briefs that provide your creative colleagues with meaningful jumping-off points.
As well as sharing our passion for people, and being a natural at scoping out strategies, engagement solutions and comms plans, you’ll also be a stickler for quality. You’re a charismatic facilitator and above all, a team player.
As an Employee Experience Strategist you will demonstrate:
- Excellent people skills with the natural ability to connect and build rapport with people at every level
- A sense of humour and perspective
- Excellent relationship skills with a consultative approach
- Generosity of spirit, readily sharing expertise/knowledge and seeking to elevate others
- Determination and the courage of your convictions
- Gravitas, credibility, authority and the ability to command and hold immediate confidence and respect both with clients, colleagues and the wider McCann network
- Resilience and flexibility, skilled at pivoting and prioritising at speed
- Effective organisational skills, with the ability to focus deeply and quickly, to multi-task and work to pressing deadlines
- The ability to manage multiple workstreams and priorities
- Being a brilliant, supportive team player, willing to roll-up your sleeves and get stuck into the detail when needed
- Evidence of being a positive, solutions-focused, strategic thinker
- A sense of pace and urgency, an “on it” approach
- Good commercial awareness and financial acumen
It would be great if you had some experience in any of these (but it’s not essential)
- Organisational Development; Talent Development / D&I / Talent Management / Change / perspective
- Marketing – an understanding of the principles of marketing and how they apply to EE
- Experience of working client-side, in particular the role and importance of the EE as part of the wider business strategy
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you’ll have access to industry leading training and development programmes, plus you’ll get to work closely with the world’s biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you’ll work in an environment where you are supported, pushed and developed.
Our commitment to equal opportunities
For us, diversity is a business imperative – one that must be embedded in every aspect of how we operate to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it’s vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompasses all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.
Sound like you?
Apply online here – https://apply.workable.com/mccann-central/j/CCA6FDC846/?utm_medium=social_share_link