We’re McCann Synergy, one of the UK’s leading specialist employee engagement agencies and we believe in the power of people.
Ambitious brands trust us to help create their employer brand and EVP, drive people performance and employee experience; to transform cultures and create change. We’re growing and ambitious, with a client list full of brands your mum’s heard of, and we’re looking to get even bigger. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our team in Bristol delivering industry-leading employee experiences and engagement strategy.
A passionate advocate of the impact engaged workforces have on businesses, you’ll be responsible for leading project management across a portfolio of our clients, ensuring we deliver on time, on budget, and consistently exceed client expectations. You’ll work alongside a team of Project Managers, creating and fulfilling project plans that consistently deliver exceptional work. You’ll also help foster team growth and development.
In partnership with the Consultancy team, you will build, grow and maintain strong client relationships, overcome obstacles by presenting solutions and always aim to make the work better. You will be a creative advocate, have a passion for creativity and technology, possess strong interpersonal skills, be operationally minded, and have excellent communication skills.
You will support the Project Management team to handle multiple employee engagement projects and campaigns from the start to finish. You’ll umbrella the whole project working closely with all disciplines and agency partners and be client-facing, with ownership and responsibility for timings, scope of work, resource plans, budgets, and logistics, becoming the trusted face of delivery. With the opportunity to refine process, your team will become the backbone of large projects and move towards being the client operations expert across key accounts.
- Lead the execution of large employee engagement projects and campaigns, supporting project managers and partnering with Creative and production resources
- Fuel the growth of project-based work and clients across the agency, through providing exceptional service and spotting business development opportunities along the way
- Take a holistic view of projects within the team, contribute to forward planning, holding regular status meetings with the Consultancy/Creative teams to keep communication open and update relevant workflow documentation
- Set up and run kick-off meetings at the beginning of every large project, ensuring all are clear on the agreed actions/plan discussed
- Manage client scope of works and add value, across multiple channels, managing multiple agency partners
- Track and report incremental scope opportunities
- Always seek out and add value to project scopes
- Produce (and follow) accurate timing plans, which you/your team will agree with all parties
- Work closely with the Creative Services Manager to define and book resource, having a viewpoint of the skill sets required for the project and what is required from the team
- Schedule and attend creative review meetings for all projects you are responsible for, facilitating attendance of key stakeholders and ensuring the meetings start and finish on time with clear deliverables
- Hold regular catch-ups with the Consultancy team to monitor and control the creative and production workflow on client accounts, ensuring (where needed) they see the work prior to client presentation and have the opportunity to comment and raise any concerns
- This is a client-facing role, so attending project/production meetings and (where necessary) client presentations is required
- An advocate for all internal processes and using the best systems/processes to achieve high-quality results
- Ensure the right people are involved at each key stage of the project
- Work with all Project Managers within the team to ensure you are aware of all live projects and work with the team to plan and prioritise accordingly
- Identify efficiencies, establish/embed and add value to processes, ensuring we consistently deliver high quality, on-time and on-budget
- Work with the Consultancy team to manage client/account budgets through proper scope definition, risk management and change management protocols
- Develop, embed and evolve the use of in-house systems and processes
- Lead by example, keeping the team calm and motivated
- Use knowledge of individuals strengths to ensure effective teamwork
- Ensure effective agreements are reached quickly and with minimum disruption to the workflow when disruptions and conflict arises
- Communicate project changes quickly and clearly, ensuring everything is understood by all project participants
- Apply strong written and verbal communication
- The go-to person/lynch pin of the project
Budget control/financial management:
- Produce or oversee project estimates together with a scope of work document, gaining the relevant approvals before starting the work and to continually track project against budget, tracking project progress, flagging any concerns with the relevant team
- Ensure the creative team knows how much time they have on a project and keep communication high if time looks like it might over run
- Attend regular financial meetings with the relevant Project Manager/Consultant to review financial status on live projects
- Demonstrate strong commercial awareness, ensuring the project management team maximise profitability, efficiency and effectiveness, whilst carefully balancing the need to deliver great creative work for our agency and our clients
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you’ll have access to industry leading training and development programmes, plus you’ll get to work closely with the world’s biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you’ll work in an environment where you are supported, pushed and developed.
Our commitment to equal opportunities
For us, diversity is a business imperative – one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it’s vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompass all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.
Sound like you? Apply here!