We’re McCann Synergy, one of the UK’s leading specialist employee engagement agencies and we believe in unleashing the power of people.
Ambitious brands trust us to help drive their people performance; to delight customers, transform cultures and create change. We’re growing and ambitious, with a client list full of brands your mum’s heard of, and we’re looking to get even bigger. That’s where you come in.
We’re recruiting for a driven, successful, and enthusiastic full-time Marketing & PR manager who exudes confidence to join our team and help support the promotion and growth of McCann Synergy.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape creative marketing and social campaigns to maintain our awareness, build our profile globally and keep us ahead of the competition.
As a Marketing Manager you will be responsible for creating, managing, and implementing our marketing, social, sales, and client relationship management strategies to maintain the profile of the agency and our employer brand/employee engagement specialism in agreed markets.
You’ll work alongside the Head of business development and marketing to ensure our content, social and event presence maximises growth opportunities for the agency and that we maintain high visibility as an employee engagement leader. You will work closely with all internal agency teams and marketing partners with ownership and responsibility for marketing strategy, ideas, implementing plans and budget ownership.
- Responsible for creating and implementing marketing, sales and CRM strategies to meet agreed team and company objectives
- You’ll help strengthen the brand and ensure our presence maximises opportunities to promote the agency across all platforms
- Working with the Head of Business Development and Marketing to create, implement and manage the agency marketing strategy and annual activity plan
- Develops and implements campaigns on time and to budget to raise the profile of the agency and generate leads
- Project manages the creation of case studies and credentials in support of new business development
- Creating and implementing a content plan including overseeing and managing content produced for award entries, blog posts, articles and press releases
- Managing customer and prospect relationship management working with colleagues to generate news and insight and feeding these into our CRM
- Working with internal teams and clients to identify, create and produce award entries
- Managing, overseeing and attending our event programme including conferences, own events and webinars
- Managing and overseeing and our podcast and monthly newletters/ blogs/ Guest writers for HR publications
- Planning, managing and keeping updated all digital marketing/content including website, CRM, email marketing, PPC and social channels
- Managing and overseeing SEA/ SEO strategy and implementation
- Analysis and reporting of marketing activity including recommendations for development
- Generating ideas for new ways to market the agency that aligns with marketing trends in the employee engagement sector
- Partner closely with internal teams to source, develop and deliver the content needed for campaigns
- Schedule and attend creative review meetings, facilitating attendance of key stakeholders and ensuring the meetings start and finish on time with clear deliverables
- An advocate for all internal processes
- Ensure the right people are involved at each key stage of the project
- Be organised, positive and a proactive influence in the team
- Ensure marketing, campaigns and sales support work is scheduled and actioned on time
- Monitor and manage marketing and sales activity to ensure our campaigns and activity are making a difference and generating opportunities for growth
- Communicate project changes quickly and clearly, ensuring everything is understood by all project participants
- Apply strong written and verbal communication
- The go-to person/lynchpin of the project
- Enjoy working autonomously and with a large degree of independence
Budget & financial management
- Monitor and track our marketing budget ensuring best value for all activity
- Issue purchase orders to suppliers and check against purchase invoices
As a Marketing Manager, you will demonstrate:
- The ability to lead projects and be responsible for aspects of larger campaigns
- Being forward thinking, aware of trends and full of ideas with ability to turn these to reality quickly
- A proactive and positive ‘can do’ attitude and solutions focus
- Strong organisational skills and be a strong multi-tasker
- Being detail orientated
- A good understanding of marketing trends and content so we can ensure the agency is marketing in new and innovative ways
- Ability to build strong internal, cross-departmental working relationships
- Having ideas, opinions and contributing to meetings when relevant
- Negotiating skills internally
The successful applicants will:
- Have experience of working within the marketing sector
- Be enthusiastic, knowledgeable, confident and pro-active with plenty of ideas
- Enjoy the buzz and fast pace of typical agency life
- Be experienced in building fantastic relationships
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Have excellent digital and social media marketing skills and experience
- Be organized, with a keen eye for detail to ensure we communicate at the highest standard.
In addition to a competitive salary, we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you’ll have access to industry-leading training and development programmes, plus you’ll get to work closely with the world’s biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you’ll work in an environment where you are supported, pushed and developed.
Our commitment to equal opportunities
For us, diversity is a business imperative – one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it’s vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompass all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.
Sound like you? Apply online here!