We are currently recruiting for a driven, successful and enthusiastic full-time Head of Marketing & Business Development who exudes confidence to join our team and help support the promotion and growth of McCann Synergy, a leading employer brand, and employee engagement agency.
A passionate advocate for our brand and business growth, the Head of Marketing & Business Development is responsible for the creation and implementation of brand & marketing strategy, campaigns and new business programmes to generate growth for the agency and attract new clients looking for culture, employer brand and employee engagement transformation.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you’ll lead the marketing and business development team to maintain the high profile of our brand, raise our profile in new markets and manage and oversee marketing and business development campaigns to support agency growth.
You’ll be developing excellent relationships with potential prospects to drive new business growth in line with the business strategy and work alongside the Managing Director to raise our brand profile across the McCann Worldgroup/IPG global network.
You will take ownership of the creation, development and implementation of marketing strategy and implementation to ensure our brand profile remains high in our agreed sectors and we are front of mind for employee engagement. You will also ensure we flex as needed and respond to current news/trends to stay front of mind for new growth opportunities.
This role is part of the McCann Synergy management team where you will contribute to the overall direction, support and growth of the agency as it continues its growth aspirations.
- Responsible for creating and implementing brand, strategic marketing and business development plans, that are insight-led and aligned to our business strategy
- Responsible and accountable for new business development, generating client leads, proposals in partnership with internal teams, conversion of prospect interest and achievement of agreed new business growth targets
- Working with internal teams including Consultancy, Strategy and Creative on the creation of business development campaigns to generate sales leads and ensure the growth of the agency
- Quickly build positive relationships with prospective clients in support of the new business process
- Lead, line manage and inspire our Marketing Manager to ensure brilliant and creative execution of agency marketing content and campaigns
- Raise the profile of the agency within defined and agreed sectors/segments and be the face of the agency at industry events
- Work with McCann Synergy and the wider McCann Worldgroup internal teams to gather the best examples, credentials, insight and articles to represent the agency in the best way
- Strengthening the McCann Synergy brand to ensure our presence maximises opportunities and promotes the agency across all platforms
- Raising the profile of McCann Synergy across the wider McCann Worldgroup network to generate new business opportunities
- Management, forecasting and review of our marketing spend to ensure our budget is working hard in terms of awareness and leads
The successful applicant will have:
- Knowledge of the key areas of the marketing mix and decision making on the best elements for a marketing strategy that drives brand awareness and profile, marketing and business development ideas, continued thought leadership in culture and engagement, and lead generation
- Passion and confidence in talking about the latest employee engagement and experience trends
- Confidence and professionalism in representing our agency during new business meetings with an ability to take leads from initial conversation to conversion and successful sale
- A positive, proactive, solutions-focused approach to spotting opportunities
- Excellent relationship skills with a consultative approach
- Strong financial acumen and management of the marketing budget
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to drive, mentor and develop your team and the wider agency and external partnerships to fulfill objectives
- The ability to structure and manage multiple workstreams
- Strong internal communications and collaboration
- A supportive team player approach, willing to roll-up your sleeves and get stuck into the detail when needed
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Effective organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Creative flair and experience in delivering marketing and business development campaign ideas and programmes
Sound like you?
Well, what are you waiting for!