We’re looking for an employee experience specialist to join our fantastic team.
Who we are
We’re McCann Synergy, one of the UK’s leading specialist employee engagement agencies. We believe in the power of people and ambitious brands trust us to help drive their people performance; to delight customers, transform cultures and create change. We’re a growing and ambitious team of talented creatives and strategists, backed by the might of a global advertising network, with a client list full of brands your mum’s heard of, and we’re looking to get even bigger. That’s where you come in.
Who you are
An Employee Experience heavyweight with a minimum of 7 years’ designing, implementing and measuring inspiring, effective employee experience frameworks and solutions, you’ll be a passionate advocate of the impact engaged workforces have on businesses.
At ease with c-suite and senior stakeholders, you’ll hold the room as the authority on all aspects of the Employee Experience, from EVP development to employer brand, from culture change to bringing purpose and strategy to life. You’ll display deep subject matter knowledge – theoretical and practical – passion, curiosity, and thought leadership around the latest employee engagement and experience trends.
A charismatic facilitator and team player, you’ll be engaging and insightful. You’re a natural at diagnosing Clients’ challenges and scoping out engagement strategies and solutions, aligned to business strategy, that significantly improve employee experience (and ultimately, productivity).
Your experience will include some or all of the following:
- Employee Experience (EX) – including EVP development and Employer Branding; Organisational Development / Design; Culture Change & Transformation;
- Marketing, UX and CX – an understanding of the principles and how to apply them to employee experience
- In-house and agency experience at a senior level
As well as sharing our passion for people, and being a natural at scoping out strategies, engagement solutions and comms plans, you’ll also be a stickler for quality. You’re a charismatic facilitator and above all, a team player.
Location wise, this is a hybrid role requiring travel to Bristol & London.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll get involved in many of our most exciting projects – from creative briefs to creative concepts and communication plans, employer value propositions, audience segmentation, employee experience mapping, culture audits, transformation programmes, employer brand research and creation, best practice and thought-leadership decks.
You’ll deliver strategic employee experience advice to your clients and will be the ‘go to’ person for helping them with their engagement issues and employer brand differentiation. You’ll get on naturally with our c-suite clients and feel comfortable and confident operating at a senior level. You’ll be a practised professional, used to speaking in public, adept at writing and creating thought-leadership content.
You will lead the Employee Experience for your clients through the development of strategic insights and behavioural truths. You’ll act as a conduit with Creative, Internal Comms and HR to deliver employee-centric client projects and outcomes.
As Employee Experience Strategist you will:
Have a strong background in employee experience, working either in-house, in agencies or as a consultant, and will demonstrate a deep-seated grasp of the full breadth and depth of the employee experience lifecycle, moments that matter and employer branding and EVPs.
Alongside this, you will have significant experience in several of the following areas:
- Organisational Development; Talent Development / D&I / Talent Management / Change / perspective
- Marketing – an understanding of the principles of marketing and how they apply to EE
- Experience of working client-side, in particular, the role and importance of the EE as part of the wider business strategy
As an employee experience specialist, you’ll demonstrate the following traits:
- Gravitas, credibility, authority and the ability to command and hold immediate confidence and respect both with clients, colleagues and the wider McCann network
- Excellent people skills with the natural ability to connect and build rapport
- A sense of humour and perspective
- A positive, solutions-focused, strategic thinker with a consultative approach
- Generosity of spirit, readily sharing expertise/knowledge and seeking to elevate others
- Determination and the courage of your convictions
- Resilience and flexibility, skilled at pivoting and prioritising at speed
- Being a brilliant, supportive team player, willing to roll-up your sleeves and get stuck in
- A sense of pace and urgency, an “on it” approach
- Good commercial awareness and financial acumen
In addition to a competitive salary, we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to take additional fully paid leave, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you’ll have access to industry-leading training and development programmes, plus you’ll get to work closely with the world’s biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you’ll work in an environment where you are supported, pushed and developed.
All in all, this is an opportunity not to be missed for anyone serious about pushing their career to the next level.
Our commitment to equal opportunities
For us, diversity is a business imperative – one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it’s vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompasses all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.